6 oz dark chocolate
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp coconut cream
1/4 cup maple syrup (probably could omit if you want them to be sugar free)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp of vanilla powder or vanilla extract (optional)
1. In a small bowl melt the dark chocolate using 30 second increments. Don't let it got too hot.
2. Melt the coconut cream for about 15 seconds or just until it melts. Do not let it get too hot!!
3. Whisk the melted chocolate and coconut cream together until combined. Then add in the maple syrup, followed by the cocoa powder, pinch of salt and vanilla. Whisk until combined. At this point the mixture should like kind of fluffy.
4. After all of the ingredients are combined, place the mixture in the fridge for about 2 hours or until it is solid.
5. After the mixture is solid, remove it from the fridge and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Scoop the mixture (I used a mini cookie scoop) and form it into balls (do this part quickly because the chocolate will melt and it can get a little messy. Roll the truffles in coatings of your choice. I used cocoa powder and pecans.
Store these in the fridge for up to a week. You could probably put them in the freezer to make them last even longer (I haven't tested it though). Pop them out of the fridge about 10-15 minutes prior to eating them.